There are still many myths and misconceptions about autism. Here are ten reasons why I don’t fit the popular stereotype of an autistic person:
- I have two x chromosomes.
- I’m over twelve years old.
- I need a calculator to do big sums.
- I don’t know my Bluetooth from my Blu Ray. (Seriously, is there a difference?)
- I look nothing like Dustin Hoffman.
- The closest thing I have to a ‘superpower’ is the ability to forget your name while I’m still talking to you.
- I’ve never caught a serial killer.
- I’ve never been a serial killer.
- I’ve never (willingly) watched Firefly.
- I am not a horrible person.
Glad we had this talk.